Entier’s Training Academy in Westhill, Aberdeen is the only Marine Coastguard Agency (MCA) approved centre in the North of Scotland.
- Delivered in our bespoke training kitchen, attendees will benefit from accredited training in a modern, state of the art facility.
- This qualification takes place under the supervision of our Executive Chef Alisdair Mc Sween who was recently inducted into the prestigious institution of the Master Chefs’ of Great Britain.
- Providing objective assessment of a chef’s skills in a controlled environment, the Entier course verifies chefs attending can cook correctly and safely across a range of techniques, using a variety of foods.
- Aimed at chefs with proven experience in the industry with an appropriate food hygiene certificate but no formal cookery qualifications, the course will provide a formal qualification to work across sea bound vessels internationally.
- The course, delivered over 1.5 days, includes a practical assessment and theory exam offering candidates an approved certificate and qualification. The assessment is thorough and covers food and knife health & safety, healthier diets, allergens & food intolerance and requires attendees to produce a 3 course meal in 3 hours followed by a nautical cook’s theory assessment.
- For more information on when our next courses are scheduled for the MLC Ship’s Cook Competency Course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01224 356059.
- We look forward to welcoming candidates sharing our passion for food